It is important that your child continue to learn over the summer so that they don't "slide" and forget all the great things they learned last year. Here are some great ideas for them to keep learning:
- Integrate learning into daily activities like dictate your shopping list and let your child write it down, let them help measure and count while cooking, draw words and sentences with chalk on the driveway, etc.
- Use any of the learning websites/apps listed on the technology page
- Visit the public library and check out new books and their summer reading program
- Write letters to relatives and friends
- Keep a journal of all the fun summer activities they do
- Read a chapter book out loud together and discuss the story. Feel free to ask me for book suggestions!
- Continue the lessons and worksheets from https://www.hand2mindathome.com
- READ, READ, READ!